2021 Summer Video Application
Submitting a video application online is the only way to audition for our upcoming summer programs. Please read the information below before beginning your application.
What to Prepare
Before you begin your online application, please be sure to prepare the following:
- Your audition video should be recorded and uploaded to an online hosting service such as Vimeo or YouTube. Please refer to these guidelines for creating your audition video.
- You should have a digital copy of the applicant’s birth certificate, passport or other ID containing their date of birth ready to upload to the form. Accepted file formats include PDF, JPG, PNG and GIF.
- There is an audition fee of $42 for all video applications. Please be prepared to provide credit card and billing information. Note: American Express is not accepted.
Video Application Information
Families will need an account to complete the online form. SAB implemented a new application and enrollment system with Powerschool last year. If you created an account for last year’s summer auditions, you should use that same account to login this year. If you cannot remember your password, please use the “Forgot Password” link on the login screen to reset it. If you did not create an account last year, applicants should select the option to create an account. Follow the instructions and create an account for an adult member of your family. You may use the same account to complete applications for additional students. A link to begin a new application will be available upon completion of the application form.
There is a $42 fee for all video applications. This must be paid by credit card at the time you submit the form. Important Note: the audition fee charge will appear on your statement as POWERSCHOOL MD 512375-4514. You will not see SAB or School of American Ballet on your statement. You may be financially responsible for any fees associated with refuting this charge on your credit card statement. Pre-paid registration fees are not refundable.
You should complete only ONE video application form even if you are applying for more than one program. Applicants who will be 10 to 12 years old on July 31 will have the opportunity to apply for the NY Junior Session and/or the Young Dancer Virtual Workshop. Similarly, applicants who will be 12 by July 31 will have the opportunity to apply for any number of our summer program offerings.
- For technical questions about submitting the form online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the applicant’s name and a screenshot of your issue, if applicable.
- All other audition inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
The School of American Ballet has a nondiscrimination policy with respect to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin or any other protected characteristic in administration of its education policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs or any other school-administered programs.
Summer Auditions sponsored by: