Winter Term Auditions for 6-10 Year olds
The School of American Ballet holds auditions each spring for 6 to 10 year olds who live in the New York metropolitan area. Accepted applicants enroll in the upcoming Winter Term which begins in September. Auditions are held at SAB’s headquarters at Lincoln Center and at locations in NYC neighborhoods and boroughs (Community Auditions). No previous training or experience is necessary for children in this age group.
2022 Auditions at SAB
Auditions will take place at the School of American Ballet’s headquarters at Lincoln Center in Manhattan on the dates listed below. Applicants must pre-register for a specific time slot on the audition day slated for their age at the time of the audition. Five year olds who will be six by July 1, 2022 should audition on the 6 year old audition date. There is an audition fee of $38.50 for all auditions at SAB. Pre-registration will begin February 15. Click the link below to be notified when pre-registration is available for our spring auditions.
|Monday, April 4, 2022||4:00-7:00 pm||6 year olds|
|Monday, April 11, 2022||4:00-7:00 pm||7-8 year olds|
|Wednesday, April 13, 2022||4:00-7:00 pm||9-10 year olds|
2022 Community Auditions
SAB will hold auditions for 6-10 year olds in Harlem, Queens, Brooklyn, Chinatown and the Bronx in April 2022. There is no fee for SAB’s Community Auditions. Pre-registration is strongly recommended but not required. Pre-registration will begin February 15, 2022. Please visit this page in early 2022 for audition locations, dates and more information.
General Audition Information
- Audition dress: Girls should wear a leotard or swimsuit and boys should wear a t-shirt and shorts or tights/leggings. (no long/baggy pants)
- Age eligibility: Children must be 6 years old by July 1 to audition and enroll for the Winter Term beginning in September of the same year.
- Proof of Age: Applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a birth certificate or passport will be acceptable as proof.
- Audition age groups: Children should audition in the age group that corresponds with their age at the time of the audition.
- Tuition assistance is available.
- Winter Term classes begin in mid-September for 8-10 year olds and in early October for 6 & 7 year olds.
- While all students enrolled at SAB are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, at this time, we do not plan on requiring children to be vaccinated to attend the audition.