Diversity & Inclusion
National Visiting Fellows Program
The School of American Ballet (SAB) invites U.S.-based classical ballet instructors with a proven commitment to teaching students from diverse backgrounds to apply for the National Visiting Fellows Program.
Visiting Fellows will be invited to attend two all-expenses paid sessions during SAB’s Winter Term, where they will observe a range of SAB classes, attend demonstrations and meet with faculty to discuss relevant topics in dance education. In addition, the home school of each Visiting Fellow will receive a monetary award of $5,000, to be applied to current or future diversity-related initiatives.
SAB is now accepting applications for the 2017-18 Fellowship. The deadline to apply is June 30, 2017.
The dates for the 2017-18 Fellowship sessions are as follows:
October 2 - October 7, 2017
April 23 - April 28, 2018
Please read the pages in this section using the links on the bottom to learn how to apply for the program.
Visiting Fellows Selection Criteria
The School of American Ballet welcomes applications from classical ballet teachers of all backgrounds to apply for the Visiting Fellows Program. Applicants will be selected based on various qualifications, including, but not limited to, teaching quality, demographics of the community served, and commitment to serving students of color and/or underrepresented communities. The School of American Ballet encourages submissions from diverse applicants.
- Receive two, all-expense paid trips to New York City for the fall and spring sessions.
- An award of $5,000 to the fellow’s home studio.
- A stipend for lost wages and per diem during fellowship visits.
- Observe a complete range of SAB Winter Term classes.
- Attend curricula and technique demonstrations with students and faculty.
- Meet with SAB faculty members to discuss training methods and other relevant topics.
- Participate in conversations about outreach and diversity in ballet.
- Enjoy complementary tickets to NYCB performances (provided fellowship visit occurs during NYCB season).
Fellows will be selected and notified by early August 2017.
|Introduction and Program Details||Eligibility Requirements||Application & Instructions||Pre-Application Form|
For questions about the fellowship, requirements, or application process, please contact Leah Quintiliano, Senior Manager, Diversity and Inclusion, at email@example.com or (212) 769-6605.