The School of American Ballet is grateful for the support of its foundation donors and for their commitment to nurturing talented young people and sustaining the vibrancy of America’s cultural life.
More than 30 foundations make annual gifts and grants that support the School’s distinguished artistic programs. In addition to essential general operating support, many foundations choose to direct their contributions to specific projects such as:
- Scholarship Program, providing financial aid to nearly half of SAB’s student body to ensure that all talented students are able to study at the School.
- Diversity Initiative, working to increase diversity on the ballet stage by expanding access, training, support, and mentorship among aspiring dancers of color.
- Community Outreach, offering free, family-friendly auditions and lecture-demonstrations at community-based locations in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Chinatown, Harlem, and Queens.
- Boys Program, making ballet training tuition-free for boys from Prep through Level III to increase the number of well-trained American male ballet dancers.
- Female Choreography Project, empowering advanced female dancers at SAB to explore choreography and consider it as a career path with the goal of reducing a gender gap in the field.
- Toe Shoe Fund, subsidizing the high cost of toe shoes for the School's female students.
- Cultural Program, providing SAB students with access to cultural experiences across New York City to complement the School’s ballet training.
- Professional Placement, helping advanced students secure placement with professional ballet companies through mentoring, career guidance, and networking opportunities.
For more information about foundation grants, please contact Meredith Lee, Director of Institutional Giving, at 212-769-6620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.