Students currently living outside of the continental US (in Alaska, Hawaii, any US territory or foreign country) who cannot attend one of the School’s auditions in person are invited to submit a video application for any/all programs for which they are eligible:
- Students ages 10 and 11 by July 31, 2019, are eligible to apply for the Young Dancer Series (including NYC Junior Session and CA Workshop) only.
- Students who will be 12 as of July 31, 2019, are eligible for BOTH the Young Dancer Series AND SAB’s Summer Course in NYC
- Students between the ages of 13 and 18 as of July 31, 2019, are eligible for the Summer Course in NYC only.
NOTE: WE ARE NOT LONGER ACCEPTING VIDEO APPLICATIONS FOR OUR 2019 SUMMER PROGRAMS. CHECK BACK IN FALL 2019 FOR INFORMATION ON APPLYING TO THE 2020 SUMMER PROGRAMS.
Instructions for submitting a video application
- Record your audition video. The video should be approximately 15 to 20 minutes in length and portray the student in practice clothes (girls in leotard and tights; boys in T-shirt and tights) in an abbreviated class with the full range of barre and center exercise and, for girls 11 and older, pointe work.
- Upload your video to a video streaming service such as YouTube or Vimeo. Please do not provide a link that requires a file download. If your video has a password, please include the password on the application form (see below). Please do not create private videos that require an invitation to a specific email address to view.
- Once your video is ready to view, complete the online video application which includes a field for a link to your video. If the video has a password, include the password in this field. This form will collect your biographical and contact information as well as information on your previous ballet training. You will also indicate the specific summer programs to which you are applying.
- The international video application fee is $30 (USD). A $5 administrative fees will be added to any 12 year olds applying to BOTH SAB's Summer Course in NYC AND the Young Dancer Series. The online application for will require you to provide a credit card for payment.
- Once you submit the form and see a confirmation screen, your application is submitted to SAB. The School's Audition Manager will review your application and video link and send an email confirming that your application is complete. Allow a few days after submitting the online form to receive a message from the School. See below for results information.
Please submit any questions concerning the video application to email@example.com.
Results for video applications
Application results are sent via email to the applicant email address provided on the application form. Age-eligible twelve year olds applying to more than one program will receive a separate email result for each program to which they apply.
Results are distributed on a rolling basis beginning January 15 through March 1. No results will be distributed before January 15. If you do not receive a result by March 1, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicant's name.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
The School of American Ballet has a nondiscrimination policy with respect to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin or any other protected characteristic in administration of its education policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs or any other school-administered programs.