Auditions for 6 to 10 year olds
Each Spring, 6 to 10 year olds are invited to audition for the upcoming Winter Term (which begins in September). Auditions are held at SAB and at locations in Brooklyn, Queens, Harlem, Chinatown and the Bronx. No previous training or experience is necessary for children in this age group.
Applicants may choose to audition at the School or at one of our Community Audition locations if it is more convenient. The audition format is the same at all locations. Auditions at SAB require pre-registration and include a $35 fee. Community Auditions are free and pre-registration is optional. Applicants should only sign up for one audition location. If you wish to change your location after pre-registering, you can email email@example.com to notify us of the change. Applicants switching from a Community Audition location to an audition at SAB will be required to pay the $35 audition fee on the day of the audition. We regret that refunds cannot be provided to applicants who register for an audition at SAB but subsequently elect to attend a Community Audition. See below for information on the 2018 auditions for 6 to 10 year olds.
2018 AUDITIONS AT SAB
The School will be holding auditions on the following dates in 2018 for the specified age groups:
6 YEAR OLDS
Monday, April 9, 2018
7 & 8 YEAR OLDS
Monday, April 16, 2018
9 & 10 YEAR OLDS
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Auditions begin at 4 p.m each day. All applicants must pre-register online and schedule a specific audition time on the applicable date. There is a $35 fee for all auditions at SAB. You must pay this fee by credit card at the time you submit your pre-registration form. Please see the bottom of the page for general audition information.
NOTE: PRE-REGISTRATION FOR THESE AUDITIONS WILL BEGIN IN MID-FEBRUARY. A LINK TO PRE-REGISTER WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM THIS PAGE.
2018 COMMUNITY AUDITIONS
Each spring, SAB holds free auditions for 6 to 10 year olds at locations in NYC neighborhoods. The 2018 Community Audition dates* are included below:
|AUDITION LOCATION||AUDITION DATE||
|Saturday, April 14||TBA|
||Sunday, April 15||TBA|
||Sunday, April 15||TBA|
|Friday, April 20||TBA|
|Saturday, April 21||TBA|
Detailed venue and audition time information will be available in early 2018. Please re-visit this page for information and pre-registration.
*Dates subject to change
General Audition information:
- Audition dress: Girls should wear a leotard or swimsuit and boys should wear shorts and a t-shirt to the auditions. (no long pants)
- Age eligibility: Children must be 6 years old by September 1 to audition and enroll for the Winter Term beginning the same year.
- Proof of Age: Applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a birth certificate or passport will be acceptable as proof.
- Audition age groups: Children should audition in the age group that corresponds with their age at the time of the audition. All five year olds (who will be six by September 1) should audition in the 6-7 year old group
- Tuition assistance is available.
- Winter Term classes begin in mid-September for 8-10 year olds and in early October for 6 & 7 year olds.