Auditions for 6 to 10 year olds
Each Spring, 6 to 10 year olds are invited to audition for the upcoming Winter Term (which begins in September). Auditions are held at SAB and at Community Audition locations in Brooklyn, Queens, Harlem, Chinatown and the Bronx. No previous training or experience is necessary for children in this age group.
2014 AUDITIONS AT SAB
The School will be holding auditions on the following dates in 2014 for the specified age groups:
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - for 9 to 10 year olds
Friday, April 25, 2014 - for 6 year olds
Friday, May 2, 2014 - for 7 & 8 year olds
Auditions begin at 4 p.m each day. All applicants must pre-register online and schedule a specific audition time on the applicable date. There is a $35 fee for all auditions at SAB. You must pay this fee by credit card at the time you submit your pre-registration form. Please see the bottom of the page for general audition information.
2014 COMMUNITY AUDITIONS
Each spring, SAB holds free auditions for 6 to 10 year olds at locations in NYC neighborhoods. The location and dates for the 2014 Community Auditions are as follows:
|AUDITION LOCTION||AUDITION DATE||
Harlem School of the Arts
645 St. Nicholas Avenue
|Friday, April 4||6:30 p.m. (6 & 7 year olds)
7:00 p.m. (8-10 year olds)
Brooklyn Friends School
375 Pearl Street
|Saturday, April 5||2:30 p.m. (6 & 7 year olds)
3:30 p.m. (8-10 year olds)
Frank Sinatra School of the Arts
35-12 35th Avenue
|Sunday, April 6||10:30 a.m. (6 & 7 year olds)
11:30 a.m. (8-10 year olds)
Bronx Dance Theatre
585 E. 187th Street, 2nd Floor
|Sunday, Apri 6||3:30 p.m. (6 & 7 year olds)
4:30 p.m. (8-10 year olds)
40 Division Street
|Friday, April 11||6:30 p.m. (6 & 7 year olds)
7:00 p.m. (8-10 year olds)
Online Pre-registration for these auditions is recommended but not required. Pre-registered applicants will receive priority check-in at the audition. Visit the link below to pre-register.
General Audition information:
- Audition dress: Girls should wear a leotard or swimsuit and boys should wear shorts and a t-shirt to the auditions. (no long pants)
- Age eligibility: Children must be 6 years old by September 1 to audition and enroll for the Winter Term beginning the same year.
- Proof of Age: Applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a birth certificate or passport will be acceptable as proof.
- Audition age groups: Children should audition in the age group that corresponds with their age at the time of the audition. All five year olds (who will be six by 9/1/14) should audition in the 6-7 year old group
- Tuition assistance is available.
- Winter Term classes begin in mid-September for 8-10 year olds and in early October for 6 & 7 year olds.