Auditions for 6 to 10 year olds
Each Spring, 6 to 10 year olds are invited to audition for the upcoming Winter Term (which begins in September). Auditions are held at SAB and at locations in Brooklyn, Queens, Harlem, Chinatown and the Bronx. No previous training or experience is necessary for children in this age group.
Applicants may choose to audition at the School or at one of our Community Audition locations if it is more convenient. The audition format is the same at all locations. Auditions at SAB require pre-registrationand include a $35 fee. Community Auditions are free and pre-registration is optional. Applicants should only sign up for one audition location. If you wish to change your location after pre-registering, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of the change. Applicants switching from a Community Audition location to an audition at SAB will be required to pay the $35 audition fee on the day of the audition. We regret that refunds cannot be provided to applicants who register for an audition at SAB but subsequently elect to attend a Community Audition. See below for detailed information on the 2017 auditions for 6 to 10 year olds.
2017 AUDITIONS AT SAB
The School will be holding auditions on the following dates in 2017 for the specified age groups:
6 YEAR OLDS
Monday, March 27, 2017
Monday, April 3, 2017
7 & 8 YEAR OLDS
Friday, April 7, 2017
9 & 10 YEAR OLDS
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Auditions begin at 4 p.m each day. All applicants must pre-register online and schedule a specific audition time on the applicable date. Applicants are asked to arrive 45 minutes before their chosen audition time to check in and present proof of age. There is a $35 fee for all auditions at SAB. You must pay this fee by credit card at the time you submit your pre-registration form. Please see the bottom of the page for general audition information.
2017 COMMUNITY AUDITIONS
Each spring, SAB holds free auditions for 6 to 10 year olds at locations in NYC neighborhoods. The location and dates for the 2017 Community Auditions are as follows:
|AUDITION LOCATION||AUDITION DATE||
|Friday, March 24||6:30 p.m. (6 & 7 year olds)
7:00 p.m. (8-10 year olds)
Harlem School of the Arts
645 St. Nicholas Avenue
|Friday, March 31||6:30 p.m. (6 & 7 year olds)
7:00 p.m. (8-10 year olds)
Frank Sinatra School of the Arts
35-12 35th Avenue
|Sunday, April 2||10:30 a.m. (6 & 7 year olds)
11:30 a.m. (8-10 year olds)
Bronx Dance Theatre
585 E. 187th Street, 2nd Floor
|Sunday, April 2||3:30 p.m. (6 & 7 year olds)
4:30 p.m. (8-10 year olds)
|Saturday, April 8||2:30 p.m. (6 & 7 year olds)
3:30 p.m. (8-10 year olds)
NOTE: ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION FOR THE AUDITION IN CHINATOWN IS NOW CLOSED. APPLICANTS ARE STILL WELCOME TO APPLY ON-SITE BEFORE THE AUDITION.
General Audition information:
- Audition dress: Girls should wear a leotard or swimsuit and boys should wear shorts and a t-shirt to the auditions. (no long pants)
- Age eligibility: Children must be 6 years old by September 1 to audition and enroll for the Winter Term beginning the same year.
- Proof of Age: Applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a birth certificate or passport will be acceptable as proof.
- Audition age groups: Children should audition in the age group that corresponds with their age at the time of the audition. All five year olds (who will be six by September 1) should audition in the 6-7 year old group
- Tuition assistance is available.
- Winter Term classes begin in mid-September for 8-10 year olds and in early October for 6 & 7 year olds.