Auditions for 6 to 10 year olds
Each Spring, 6 to 10 year olds are invited to audition for the upcoming Winter Term (which begins in September). Auditions are held at SAB and at Community Audition locations in Brooklyn, Queens, Harlem, Chinatown and the Bronx. No previous training or experience is necessary for children in this age group.
INFORMATION AND DATES FOR THE 2017 SPRING AUDITIONS WILL BE POSTED IN EARLY 2017.
General Audition information:
- Audition dress: Girls should wear a leotard or swimsuit and boys should wear shorts and a t-shirt to the auditions. (no long pants)
- No previous ballet training is required for 6-10 year old applicants
- Age eligibility: Children must be 6 years old by September 1 to audition and enroll for the Winter Term beginning the same year.
- Proof of Age: Applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a birth certificate or passport will be acceptable as proof.
- Audition age groups: Children should audition in the age group that corresponds with their age at the time of the audition. All five year olds (who will be six by September 1) should audition in the 6-7 year old group
- Tuition assistance is available.
- Winter Term classes begin in mid-September for 8-10 year olds and in early October for 6 & 7 year olds.