Welcome, SAB Parents!
Whether your child is a Prep Division student just starting at the barre, or an Advanced Division student about to launch a professional dance career, he or she is receiving the finest classical ballet training in the world.
SAB is a not-for-profit cultural institution
Did you know that SAB is not only a ballet academy, but also a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, completely independent from New York City Ballet?
SAB relies on generous, tax-deductible contributions from individuals to close the gap between tuition and the true cost of our ballet training, which is in excess of $60,000 per year for Advanced Division students. We take pride in providing world-class instructors, state-of-the-art facilities, professional performance opportunities, and Student Life resources for all SAB students.
Gifts of every size help us to maintain the School, including our scholarship program, which currently distributes over $2 million annually. In this year’s Winter Term, 50% of our Advanced Students and 40% of our Children’s Division are receiving full or partial scholarship. SAB has a fulltime fundraising staff of nine who help donors make gifts.
Support the SAB Parent Appeal
SAB asks that every family make a contribution—at whatever amount is meaningful to you—to help the School continue to operate at the highest level. Parent giving makes up a large part of the School’s fundraising. Thank you for your consideration!
What will my gift support?
Your gift will go to SAB’s general operating fund, which provides much-needed resources for SAB students. For example:
- $100 covers the cost of a Student Teaching Assistant for one week
- $250 provides one month of live piano accompaniment
- $500 delivers a wellness seminar for a class of pre-teens
- $1,000 ensures 10 weeks of pointe shoes for an Advanced Division girl
- $2,500 supports a full scholarship for one local Preparatory Division student
- $5,000 covers annual tuition for a Children’s Division boy taking seven lessons per week
What perks will I receive as an SAB donor?
All contributors to the SAB Parent Appeal receive an invitation to the SAB Parent Cocktail Reception in February.
Your gift will be partly tax-deductible. Many parents like to give to SAB before the end of the calendar year, so that they can deduct the contribution from their taxable income in April.
Gifts of $100 or more entitle you to receive SAB membership benefits, bringing you behind-the-scenes at SAB. Visit our membership pages to rewiew a full list of member benefits.
How can I make a gift?
- Make a gift online HERE.
- Call the development department at (212) 769-6614
- Mail a check payable to “The School of American Ballet”, 70 Lincoln Center Plaza, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10023.
- To give a gift of appreciated stocks, please contact Caroline Langerman at 212.769.6611.
- Check if your company has a Matching Gifts program. Your employer can help double your impact at SAB!