Freed of LondonFreed of London is the official sponsor of SAB's Audition Tour. Click to visit their web site.
2012 Paris, France Audition
SAB will hold in-person auditions for intermediate and advanced students between the ages of 12 and 18 in Paris, France, on October 28, 2012. Students of any nationality may attend the audition. Those who audition will be considered for admission to the 2013 Summer Course.
The audition class, which will include barre and center work, will be taught by SAB faculty member Suki Schorer.
AUDITION DATE & TIMES
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2012
|Ages 12-14* 2:00 p.m.
Ages 15-18* 4:00 p.m.
*Applicants to the 2013 Summer Course must be at least 12 years old and no older than 18 years old as of July 31, 2013.
Photo of Suki Schorer conducting SAB's 2009 audition in Paris, by Vincent Denoes
Faculty Auditioner subject to change
All results for the audition held in Paris on October 28 will be distributed via email by the end of the day (New York EST) on November 15, 2013. Applicants do not need to login to obtain their results. If you do not receive an email with results by 17:00 on November 16, please send an email to email@example.com with the applicant's full name and audition number.
The auditions will take place at Académie Américaine de Danse de Paris.
Address: 100 rue du Cherche Midi 75006 Paris, France
Web site: www.aadp-fr.org
View on Map
An application fee of €25 per student must be paid at the time of the audition. Payment must be by cash only.
You may register for the audition one of two ways:
1. Online Registration - We recommend that you preregister online before the audition. There is a flat online audition fee of $25 USD that you may choose to pay by credit card at the time of registration. If you do not pay the fee when you register online, you must pay the amount stated above in cash at the time of the audition.
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL AUDITIONS IS NOW CLOSED. APPLICANTS ARE WELCOME TO STILL ATTEND THE AUDITIONS AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION FORM ON SITE.
2. On-site registration - You can register in person at the audition site on the day of the audition. Please be prepared to pay the audition fee in cash.
IMPORTANT AUDITION INFORMATION
- All applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a passport or official government document will be accepted as proof.
- Recommendation letters, photographs and resumés are NOT required for the audition.
- Girls must bring pointe shoes to the audition.
- Girls should wear a solid-color leotard and pink tights to the audition. Boys should wear a plain t-shirt and black tights to the audition.
- The audition will resemble a ballet class with barre and center work. Students do not need to prepare a solo or variation in advance of the audition.
- Observation of auditions is not permitted.