Summer Course Auditions at SAB
SAB holds Summer Course auditions in New York City by appointment Wednesdays and Fridays in January. Students may audition only once for each year's Summer Course. Students who attend an audition in one of SAB's National Audition Tour cities are not eligible to audition by appointment at SAB during the same audition season.
NOTE: ALL AUDITIONS AT SAB FOR THE 2013 SUMMER COURSE ARE FULL. WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING REGISTRATIONS FOR AUDITIONS AT SAB. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
2013 Summer Course Auditions at SAB
Auditions for the 2013 Summer Course will be held at SAB on Wednesdays and Fridays in January beginning Jan 9 and ending Jan 30. All auditions begin at noon and are by appointment only. Online registration is required for applicants who wish to audition at SAB. More information about registering online is included below.
General Audition Information
- Study in SAB's Summer Course is for intermediate and advanced students, 12 to 18 years old who are at a stage of technical advancement proportionate to their age and who have the physical qualifications suited to the demands of classical dance. Students cannot be younger than 12 or older than 18 by July 31, 2013.
- All applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a government issued document such as a birth certificate, passport or driver's license will be acceptable as proof.
- As a general rule, recommendation letters, photographs and resumes are not accepted at auditions.
- Girls must bring pointe shoes to the audition.
- Observation of auditions is not permitted
- There is a $35 fee for all auditions at SAB
Registering Online for an Audition at SAB
You will need a username or password in order to complete the registration form. Those of you who have previously created a username and password on sab.org should use the same information to login and begin the form. Failure to do so will create a conflict with your existing user account and will affect our ability to distribute your results in a timely fashion. If this is your first time applying, you must create an sab.org user name and password. The user name and password must correspond with the student's name and e-mail address, even if a parent or guardian is completing the registration form. Parents who are registering for multiple siblings must create separate username and password accounts for each student. (This requires closing your browser after the completion of one preregistration form and relaunching it to begin a new form for the next sibling.) Not following these steps will compromise your ability to log in to sab.org after the audition to access audition results.
You must choose two possible audition dates. We will do our best to honor your first choice date, but there is a chance that you will be assigned your second choice if the first choice is full. Our audition coordinator will email you within two business days after you complete the registration form to confirm your audition date.
All applicants who wish to audition at SAB by appointment in January MUST pre-pay the $35 audition fee via credit card when they register for the audition. This fee is non refundable.
Students who audition by appointment at SAB will use the user name and password that they create when registering for the audition to log in to sab.org after the audition in order to access the audition results. The audition results will be available within 4 business days of the audition.