2012 Madrid Audition
SAB will hold in-person auditions for intermediate and advanced students between the ages of 12 and 18 in Madrid, Spain, on October 26, 2012. Students of any nationality may attend the audition. Those who audition will be considered for admission to the 2013 Summer Course.
AUDITION DATE & TIMES
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012
Ages 12-13* 3:30 p.m.
Age 14 4:30 p.m.
Age 15 5:30 p.m.
Age 16 6:30 p.m.
Ages 17-18* 7:30 p.m.
Applicants to the 2012 Summer Course must be at least 12 years old and no older than 18 years old as of July 31, 2013.
Photos: Kay Mazzo teaching at SAB (left), Suki Schorer conducting an SAB audition (middle), photos by Rosalie O'Connor; and Joaquin DeLuz performing Raymonda Variations at NYCB, by Paul Kolnik (right)
Faculty auditioners subject to change
All results for the audition held in Madrid on October 26 will be distributed via email by the end of the day (New York EST) on November 15, 2013. Applicants do not need to login to obtain their results. If you do not receive an email with results by 17:00 on November 16, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the applicant's full name and audition number.
The auditions will take place at the Teatros del Canal
Address: C/ Cea Bermúdez, 1 28003 Madrid, SpainView on Map
An application fee of €15 per student must be paid at the time of the audition. Payment must be made in cash only.
You may register for the audition one of two ways:
1. Online Pre-registration - We recommend that you preregister online before the audition. There is a flat online audition fee of $25 USD that you may choose to pay by credit card at the time of registration. If you do not pay the fee when you register online, you must pay the amount stated above in cash at the time of the audition.
2. On-site registration - You can register in person at the audition site on the day of the audition. Please be prepared to pay the audition fee in cash.
IMPORTANT AUDITION INFORMATION
- All applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a passport or official government document will be accepted as proof.
- Recommendation letters, photographs and resumés are NOT required for the audition.
- Girls must bring pointe shoes to the audition.
- Girls should wear a solid-color leotard and pink tights to the audition. Boys should wear a plain t-shirt and black tights to the audition.
- The audition will resemble a ballet class with barre and center work. Students do not need to prepare a solo or variation in advance of the audition.
- Observation of auditions is not permitted.