National Audition Tour
SAB's annual National Audition Tour offers students across the country the opportunity to apply for the Summer Course. Auditions are conducted in approximately 20 U.S. cities during January and February. The upcoming tour is announced in the fall each year.
Important Audition Tour Information
- Audition Preregistration is strongly recommended (but not required). Students who preregister on sab.org will have the option to pre-pay the audition fee by credit card at a discounted rate. The audition fee is $28 when pre-paid online and $40 when paid at the time of the audition. Students who preregister will also receive priority check-in at the audition, expedited notification of their audition results and an exclusive SAB giveaway. Preregistration for the 2015 Audition Tour will be available in early November. Follow this link for more information about preregistering.
- Audition fees collected at the time of the audition ($40) must be paid in cash, check or money order.
- All applicants must show official proof of birth at the time of the audition. Only a birth certificate, passport, or driver's license will be acceptable as proof. Photocopies of these government issued documents are allowed. Applicants without one of these documents will not be permitted to audition.
- As a general rule, recommendation letters, photographs and resumes are not accepted at auditions.
- Girls must bring pointe shoes to the audition.
- Applicants should arrive at the audition location one hour in advance of the time scheduled for their age group in order to register.
- Observation of auditions is not permitted.