Diversity & Inclusion
National Visiting Fellows Program
Application and Submission Instructions
SAB is now accepting applications for the 2018-19 Fellowship. The deadline to submit applications is June 30, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants for the Visiting Fellows Program must submit the following:
- A résumé or CV, which must include dance training, professional performing experience (if applicable), and teaching experience.
- A written description of the candidate’s current position, an overview of the home studio’s mission/operations, and the demographics of the home studio’s student body (including size, ages, and racial/ethnic composition).
- A letter of intent and personal statement, explaining why the candidate is interested in participating in the Fellowship and describing the candidate’s commitment to teaching diverse student populations (500-1000 words).
- A statement from the home studio’s artistic director acknowledging the application of the candidate and indicating the studio’s willingness to allow the candidate to participate in the Fellowship if selected. (n/a if applicant is the studio's artistic director)
- A teaching sample in video format demonstrating a full ballet class, including barre and center (if applicable). The purpose of the video application is to demonstrate how the teacher applies corrections during class. Therefore:
a. Both teacher and students should be visible throughout the video, and instructions provided by the teacher must be audible.
b. Video should highlight teacher corrections, not student performance.
c. The following abbreviated classes (approximately 20 minutes for each section) must be included:
8-10 year old beginning students.
11-13 year old intermediate students.
Advanced students, including pointe.
Note: If applicant does not regularly teach any one of the above age groups (and reflects that information in their job description), the relevant age group(s) may be eliminated from the video sample.
Applications for the School of American Ballet’s Visiting Fellows Program applications will be accepted until midnight on June 30, 2018. All materials sent by mail must be postmarked by June 30th, 2018. There is no cost associated with the Visiting Fellows Program application.
1. Complete the online pre-application form. (Please submit this form, which collects your basic contact information, just prior to submitting an application so that we know to expect your application.)
2. Submit your application package, which must include:
- A current resume or CV.
- The written description of your current position, home studio, student demographics, and any current outreach programs.
- The letter of intent, as described in the “How to Apply” section.
- A statement of support from the home studio’s artistic director, including contact information. (n/a if teh applicant is the studio's artistic director)
To submit these materials digitally, please scan and email these documents as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Visiting Fellows Application: (Applicant Name)” in the email subject heading. To submit these materials by U.S. Mail, UPS, Fedex, etc., please use the mailing address below.
3. Submit a teaching sample in video format. (Please refer to the requirements above.) You may submit the teaching sample in one of two ways:
Email a link to your uploaded video (youtube, vimeo, etc.) to email@example.com, with “Visiting Fellows Teaching Sample: (Applicant Name)" in the subject line. If choosing this method, please make sure that the video is not password protected, or that you provide us with the account password;
OR submit a DVD to the address below.
Mailing Address for Application Materials
Elise Drew León
The School of American Ballet
70 Lincoln Center Plaza, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10023
Decision notification: Applicants will be notified of their application status by early August 2018.
|Introduction and Program Details||Eligibility Requirements||Application & Instructions||Pre-Application Form|